Midtown Development Corporation
Established in 1986, Midtown Development Corporation has taken pride in restoring over ten historic Dayton properties to their best condition. Founder Tom Tornatore currently owns the Schaefer and Johnston buildings located in the heart of the shopping and entertainment district.
Built in 1913, the Schaefer property once housed a movie theater and features several storefronts and a restaurant. Midtown Development acquired the building in 1986 and has performed ongoing renovations. The apartments are large and contain five- and six-room floorplans. Off-street parking and modern appliances are just some of the conveniences of this property.
The Johnston Building features two studios and four one-bedroom apartments. Each unit is furnished with new windows, central heating and cooling, modern appliances and solid maple cabinetry. The apartments offer residents secured off-street parking, front door intercoms and digital security cameras.
Dayton's Oregon District was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974, and today consists of twelve city blocks bounded by Fifth Street, Wayne Avenue, and Patterson Boulevard.